Sunday, August 3, 2008

One Small Note Made My Day!

I received the following email yesterday, which made me feel darn good! Part of the note and two of the pictures are posted here with permission of the author/photographer. Thanks Cam and Shirley for warming the heart of a hummingbird fan/artist!!!


Bill and Terrie,

We just had to let you know how much enjoyment we have gotten from our hummingbird feeder purchased at the Leawood Town Center Art Fair. We decided to mount it just outside the kitchen/hearthroom window so we could keep an eye out for them. The first photo attached shows how I mounted it and the second shows our success. I have a camera mounted on a tripod next to my easy chair so all I have to do is push the button.



Best regards,
Cam and Shirley Schutte













Hummingbird fact for today: Hummingbirds may live for 5 to 10 years. A female Broad-tailed was banded as an adult in 1976 and recaptured in 1987, at least 12 years old. A banded Ruby-throated was found to be 6 years 11 months and a Rufous was 8 years 1 month.

No comments: