Monday, January 7, 2008

Humdrum Doldrums Monday

Do you ever feel the humdrum doldrums? You know, when you can't do what you want to do and have to do all those pesky little things you need to do because you've put them off as long as you can? That's today. The car registration is due this month so I have a vehicle inspection today. The truck is overdue for an oil change, so I'll go back to my mechanic for that after the car inspection. Got to make a trip in to the post office to mail some items we sold on eBay. The weather here is unseasonably warm so we'll take down the outside Christmas lights and store them away for another year. It's laundry and vacuum day for my wife. She spent all day yesterday working on bookkeeping so I stayed out of her hair. She's not a pleasant person when she's working on the books. We'd both much rather be getting ready for an art show or working on a wholesale order. I guess there are times when you just have to buckle down and take care of the mundane....

Hummingbird fact for the day: Hummers are the smallest birds in the world but have the largest hearts pound for pound.

No comments: